Quality Assurance Technician
A Quality Technician is responsible for the inspection of all finished egg products. The technician participates in many quality assurance functions while supporting production personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Product sensory evaluations, weight, count and defect checks.
- Monitor product quality per company specifications.
- Thermometer calibration and HACCP point monitoring.
- Monitor and verify GMP practices.
- Finished product micro sample collection, documenting and shipping.
- Sanitizer concentration verification.
- Pre op inspection and building inspection and release of lines after sanitation.
- Verifying and organizing HACCP, production and specification paperwork.
- APC and various types of micro swabbing. Collect samples and micro swabs related to Food Safety programs
- Maintain laboratory and equipment and inventory supplies.
- Monitor and address Plant Food Safety, Quality and personnel safety hazards.
- Interaction with other employees in accordance with company standards
- Monitor equipment to make sure operational parameters are being met
- Provide feedback on internal audits, microbiological swab results, and corrective actions
- Analyze results, track trends, investigate issues, and implement corrective actions related to Food Safety programs
- Develop and implement new strategies to enhance Food Safety programs
- Monitor SSOP programs to ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with USDA/FSIS Regulations
- In the absence of Quality Technicians, trained Process Control, Quality Lead, Quality Management or Process Management has the ability to perform the duties as described above.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 yr. experience in Food safety
- Ability to communicate and team up with other departments in problem solving, training, and corrective actions.
- Knowledge of HACCP programs, GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Knowledge of critical FSIS regulations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn specific computer software programs, knowledge of excel, word, etc.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility required to cover overtime as needed for vacations and peak periods.
Join Centrum Valley Farms and become part of a winning team!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.