Centrum Valley Farms expectation of a packer is to be stewards of the product being packaged. Taking the incentive to show stewardship in helping others around you while treating them how you would like to be treated. Always keeping in mind your safety and those who work around you, keep a clean and organized work area.
Primary Job Functions
- Packing good product in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring there are not missing eggs, bad cartons, or cases. Removing leakers or dirty eggs and replace. Consist of repetition throughout the day.
- Check dates/codes/color to ensure that all cartons are coded and labels match the dates on the cartons. Ensuring only quality eggs are packaged.
- Keeping a safe work area – Pick up any eggs or trash dropped on the floor and place trash/debris in proper trash receptacle. Keep all packaging material neat and organized.
- When encountering problems, notify machine operator or management immediately if you notice any packaging problems such as double cartons, wrong dates, or broken eggs.
- Notify management or maintenance of machine deficiencies.
- Operation of over-wrap machine when running twin packs.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by management.
Compliance to USDA regulations, Centrum Valley Farms Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF, Safety Programs, and Food Defense Program.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs and agile. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to bend and lift and twist. Able to work in various climate conditions.
I certify that I have read this job description, it has been explained to me and I understand my duties and responsibilities as stated herein.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.