The Candler is responsible for monitoring and removing poor quality eggs from the machine while in operation. This position will have fluctuations of egg quality and speed that they will need to be able to remove the eggs in a timely fashion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that the quality of the product being broken meets or exceed USDA requirements.
- Remove poor quality eggs properly and in an efficient manner.
- Comply with all USDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF, Safety Programs, Biosecurity Policies, Plant Procedures, HACCAP and Food Defense Programs.
- Remove dirty eggs and place them onto flats so that they can be re-washed.
- Help assist with clean-up activities.
- Immediately report any mechanical problems or poor quality conditions to the Plant Leads, Supervisors, or Maintenance staff where help is needed for repairs.
- Crosstrain and have the ability to be flexible to perform the following positions within the processing plant.
- Flats Washer
- Transfer Room Loader
- Effectively communicate with the plant supervisor, QC, USDA and plant staff.
- Assist in creating a One-Team environment.
- Value your safety and the safety of your co-workers by following safety rules and policies.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by management. Help train other team members as needed.
- Help other team members as needed.
- Good Communication (Written / Verbal) skills, organized, goal oriented, accountable.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task in high stress environment.
- Agile – able to twist and bend and lift above head, able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work in various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments, walking, and standing for long periods of time.
- Work in a face paced environment.
- Bilingual – Spanish and English.
- Prior egg processing Experience.
Join Centrum Valley Farms and become part of a winning team!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.